It’s the first week of school… WAIT! I just blinked and August is over!
So now the work begins. Parents are tired (it’s so hectic the first few weeks), students are tired (exercising your brain is HARD work), and educators are tired! I don’t know about you, but I was at my school until past 6:30 everyday of the week! The thing is, if I don’t get a good start on being organized and prepared at the beginning of the year, then I feel like I am always two steps behind (sometimes more). I like to have my therapy lessons planned for the month so at least I don’t have to think about that. I’m all about doing the work up front, and then focusing on helping my students succeed with communication skills.
I will be sharing lots of lessons, tips, and materials this year to help you with your lessons too. I typically work with my students in whole groups, small groups, and one-on-one depending on the needs of my students. Many of the lessons will focus on whole group/circle activities, but these can always be modified for centers or one-on-one. Parents can use many of these ideas as well because we know that parents are the #1 teacher in a child’s life! I always say (or someone else said) it takes a village to raise a child and a dedicated team to support the learning process!
Below is a list of some of the awesome interactive books I use during the month of September. Many of these contain everything you’ll need for a complete lesson such as memory/following direction cards, bingo boards, simple coloring/writing pages, PECS pictures for AAC devices for nonverbal children, tic-tac-toe boards, and more!
I’ll be posting specific lesson plans for the month so check back tomorrow for details on those. Enjoy the rest of your 3-day weekend… We’ve got lots of fun planned for the entire school year! Best regards, Monae 🙂
Books I use:
- SCHOOL BUS POSTER- Spatial concepts & more https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/SCHOOL-BUS-POSTER-LANGUAGE-PACKET-2581411
- SCHOOL SUPPLIES- Shadow book https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Back-to-SchoolShadow-Book-Speech-1943383
- WHERE ARE MY PENCILS- spatial concepts https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Back-to-School-Speech-Therapy-2068806
- IT’S NICE TO BE NICE- https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/BULLY-BE-KIND-BE-COOL-Autism-Behaviors-2749518
- RED APPLE RED APPLE WHAT DO YOU SEE? https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Apples-WHAT-DO-YOU-SEE-Speech-Therapy-Book-Poster-2758217
- WHO WORKS AT MY SCHOOL?- https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/People-Who-Work-at-School-1902144
- SCHOOL SHOPPING- https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Back-to-School-INTERACTIVE-1904438
- BOOGERS- https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/BoogersBehaviorsNose-Picking-2098141
- ALL ABOUT ME & YOU- https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/All-About-Me-2163846
- SCHOOL RULES- Attainment Books- http://www.attainmentcompany.com/everyday-readers